Education and Training
- New Hanover Regional Medical Center (SEAHEC): Residency OB/GYN 2021
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill School of Medicine: MD, 2017
- North Carolina State University Master of Physiology 2013
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill: Biology 2009
Awards and Honors
- Junior Administrative Chief Resident, NHRMC 2019-2020
- Resident Award for Excellence in Obstetrics given by Society of Maternal Fetal Medicine, 2021
- Resident Award for Excellence by Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology ACOG Division of Education 2021
Find out more about Dr. Jones
Describe yourself in 3 words.
Loyal, compassionate, purposeful
What was your first job?
Hostess at the Brushy Mountain Smokehouse in my hometown
Who/what inspires you?
What do you never leave home without?
My water bottle
What would you do if you had 2 free hours?
Go on a hike with my family
Why did you choose to specialize in Ob/Gyn?
I love being an advocate for women!
Do you have any hidden talents?
What is the best advice anyone has given you?
It will all work out in the end and if it doesn’t then it is not the end!
What is your favorite animal?
I grew up on a farm and my favorite animal was always my pet potbelly pig
What do you like about living in Asheville?
There is so much to do within the city but you are just minutes away from national parks, lakes, and so many outdoor activities. The atmosphere is so friendly and welcoming that Asheville always feels like home.
What was your favorite subject in school?
Any type of math
Do you have a life motto?
Family, friends and funfetti cupcakes
What is on your “bucket list”?
Take a pastry class in Paris
What would your profession be if you weren’t a physician?
What music are you listening to now?
Lots of Americana now that I am back in the mountains, anything you would hear at Merle Fest in my hometown of Wilkesboro
What is your favorite thing to eat?
Name one personal goal.
Be a good role model for my 2 girls.